"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Sunday, January 4, 2009

Yes, Virginia, Cheese IS An Appropriate Gift

Many of you were wondering if I received any cheese for Christmas. The answer would be a resounding "Yes."

My father-in-law supplied me with a nice variety from Hickory Farms. It was a huge package, and I was pleased to see that space hadn't been wasted on a lot of crackers and other non-cheese items. It blesses my heart to see a gift pack comprised almost entirely of cheese.

The only thing better than a gift pack comprised almost entirely of cheese is one that IS entirely comprised of cheese.

Like the big gift back with huge blocks of different cheeses from my sister-in-law. She sents scouts to Wisconsin to pick them up at a cheese factory. Can you imagine? Whole factories where they make nothing but cheese. Could there be a place on earth closer to heaven? We have our cheddars and swisses and colbies and pepper jack and I don't know what else. I think there are 6 or more blocks, so enough to last well into next week.

So, yes. It WAS a wonderful Christmas.
God bless us, every one.

10 comments:

javamamma said...

Nice. Are you going to host your CheeseFest now then - not in October?

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

You forgot about the hunk of Asiago from my mom!

Looking forward to eating your masterpiece recipes made with all your cheese.

AmyG said...

I bet you were in heaven when you opened your gift, lol.

Big Doofus said...

You're going to be stopped up for weeks.

Emily said...

you need to send that post to the cheese factory that your relative hit...they might send you EVEN MORE cheese to thank you for your glowing recommendation of their product.

Tammy said...

Wow...think of all the fudge you could make with those.

Kritter Krit said...

Here's hoping someone gave you several bottles of Fibercon and a few prunes to go along with all of those yummy bricks of cheese. ;)

Scott said...

For the record, in spite of my obsession with cheese, I never seem to have the regularity issues that everyone assumes I might have.
Thank you.

Angi said...

My hubby likes the cheese and beef sticks from Hickory Farms - ooops! Forgot about that this year . . . .

MLW said...

Oh darn that looks yummy...and the shades of yellow bring out such lovely blue in your eyes.

I gotta go get a snack...