"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It'$ Really Be$t Not To Think About $uch Thing$

La$t night I $aw the headline online "Four Daughter$, Four Wedding$, One Year."

I checked the charge on our automatic external defibrillator before clicking on the link.

$ure enough, four $i$ter$ (there wa$ $ome $tep-family action) are all getting married in 2009.

A$ a father of four daughter$ my$elf, thi$ $tory hit a little clo$er to home than I care to acknowledge.

But I have to admit, I want them all to be as happy and blessed as Cindy and me. If that involves weddings in rapid succession, so be it.

I hear that the back room at McDonald's can be reserved for parties and reception$.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Sometimes McD's even has those ball pits. (entertainment for guests?)

javamamma said...

My husband {and father of 3 daughters} would join a support group if you started one.

AmyG said...

My girls aren't allowed to get married... muaahhhaaahhhhaaa.... problem solved! lol

Thomas and Lisa said...

We also have four daughters. We use to tell people who commented on the fact of needing more bathrooms or the high cost of weddings needed to contribute toward a savings fund since they were so concerned! Now we are missionaries in the Philippines and heard in this culture it is the responsibility of the groom's family to pay the wedding expenses. It would be easy to think wedding expenses are lower in this country until you learn you are expected to feed the whole village for about three days. Maybe we can convince our girls to wear their mother's wedding dress and then have a cake and punch reception in the States.

Angela said...

We had family in our church who had 9 kids, 6 girls and three boys trailing at the end. ALL SIX girls got married in a year plus one day. All six. Thankfully we're Mormon so that actually helps with costs if they get married at the church or in a temple but still. 6 receptions plus....

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I found myself reading with a lisp when I read this:
daughter$ my$elf, thi$ $tory

Pasted it and I STILL have a lisp. Mythelf, thith thory...

Kritter Krit said...

I recently read about a wedding at Taco Bell. Might want to consider a reception there instead. I imagine having Ronald pass a plate of finger foods has to be more expen$ive than throwing down at The Bell. =)

Kritter Krit said...

P.S Hope this isn't a spoiler alert, but the frazzled pierced Head-Band Boy is still in the "safe" group on AI. I'm getting a tad nervous that I'm going to have to throw a teeny fit. If he and Hissy-Fit Cry Girl make it into the final group, I very well may be having to boycott this season (...and just read your recaps, of course). ;)

THEhooahwife said...

Hehe, this is why my husband was hoping our final child would be a boy... so he would have to spend more money on another wedding...