"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Saturday, February 21, 2009

No, She Didn't Say "Voldemort"

A couple of days ago, one of my girls was giving the dog commands to "sit" and "shake."

I apologize if I'm offending your sensibilities, but this child stumbled over her words and combined them into a different word that ought not be said.

I take a little pride in the fact that she has no idea what she said, that she hasn't learned the whole list of filthy words that others her age seem to know.

Of course, it's entirely possible that she knows what she accidentally said and she's thinking that DAD's the one who is pure of mind and doesn't know any dirty words.

Either way, that little hint of profanity provided us with a tender moment.

[sigh]
---------
By the way, Big Doofus made some great puns in his comments below. I WANTED to say some of those things, but I have a pure and austere reputation I wish to uphold.

5 comments:

Big Doofus said...

If the dog would have "produced" upon your daughter's command you'd be in a difficult situation. On one hand, you'd have to deal with her little "potty mouth." But on the other hand, she would obviously possess a real gift with animals. How cool is that?!

Big Doofus said...

I like to be off color on your blog and pretend to be clean and proper on my own. Feel free to do the same with my blog.

Emily said...

no words for the above commenter. Cheers for your ability to raise a very sweet little girl.

THEhooahwife said...

I'm confused. I'm around perverted Army people all the time and I've never heard that word! Is it a bad word??

Sadly curiosity and access to google may further tarnish my innocence to word definitions after posting this comment. Or make me feel like a moron FOR posting this comment.

hm.

THEhooahwife said...

oh Harry Potter. No wonder I had no clue.