"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Thursday, February 19, 2009

She Probably Has Her Phone Number Written on Her Body for the Cute Young Doctors To Find

Today I'm planning on driving up to Indianapolis for part of the day to visit a friend in the hospital.

She's a little spitfire. And by that, I mean that's she's little--a fairly short woman--and she can spit fire--well, not yet, but following her surgery she's likely to. She's having some repair work done on stuff involving her esophagus and who-knows-what-else, because that poor woman is just messed up inside in ways that defy my understanding.

I marvel each time I hear of the medical wonders this woman has been through, and each time God brings her through safe and sound.

She served for quite a while as my assistant here at church, which gave me a wonderful opportunity to get to know her and her story a little better. Hopefully, I'll get to spend a little time with her family today and get to know even a little bit more.

For confidentiality sake, I shall not give her real name, but some of you know who she is. The rest of you can just refer to her as "Xena, Hospital Warrior Princess."

1 comment:

Emily said...

didn't realize she was back in the hospital. give her my love and a hug from me! praying for her!