"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Monday, February 2, 2009

Shut UP!

We used to tell our children that "Shut up" was not a kind thing to say.

It was mean and evil, and the road to hell was most assuredly paved with people who said it (and you thought it was paved with good intentions).

Recently, though, my wife has taken to saying the phrase...but not in the the "shut-yo-mouth-or-I'm-going-to-shut-it-for-you" kind of way.

Instead, she uses it in the hip "nuh-uh-are-you-kidding-me-that-is-unbelievable-you-best-not-be-toying-with-me" kind of way that peeps be talking these days.

This just proves how cool and hip and young at heart she truly is.

Cindy, you're much cooler and hipper and younger-at-heart than that waitress for our anniversary dinner. When you told her it was our 15th anniversary, she shouldve said, "Shut UP! There is NO way you've been married longer than 5 years. I mean, have you seen your smooth, young skin in a mirror? Seriously, have you even graduated junior high school yet?"

4 comments:

THEhooahwife said...

That is so sweet...

AmyG said...

Aww....

What did you do? LOL

javamamma said...

My fav paragraph in this post is the one about who the road to hell is paved with. :) Funny stuff.

Big Doofus said...

My 30-year-old sister-in-law says "Shut UP!" like that all the time, too. Maybe I should start saying it, too since I'm going to turn 40 this year.

Congrats on 15 years of marriage.