"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Friday, February 20, 2009

"water please?"

"water please?"

Those simple words were emailed to me late last night.

I had just come home from a late-night basketball game in which our home team was beaten repeatedly with sticks, noodles and pitiful glares from row 36, seat 104.

Generally, I don't expect important emails at 11:00 p.m., so I didn't bother seeing what was making my Blackberry buzz, and the message went unread...

...until I got upstairs to the bedroom and found my wife snuggled up warmly in bed with the laptop...with her mouth as parched as the Sahara in desperate need of a refreshing glass of water.

No, actually, she said she really didn't need it that badly, but I'm a good man and got her some anyway.

I just wanted to share this brief story so that you'd know that the lines of communication are still open in our marriage after all these years.

9 comments:

AmyG said...

Hahaha... I've been tempted to use those same forms of communications before!

rthling said...

You ARE a good man!
And texting sure beats yelling through a house of sleeping girls.

Tammy said...

Next time take her some ice cream too! :-)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I like the way that Tammy thinks!!

Kathy in WA said...

What a servant!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE snuggling into bed with a cozy laptop. Nothing quite like it. :)

Kari said...

Actually, that's not too bad. My hubby and I have chatted with each other on Facebook. WHILE we were in the same room. How pitiful is that????

Mari said...

I always sleep with my cell phone by my side and text my husband (who never sleeps) when I need something. It is nice.

Stretch Mark Mama said...

Hubs and I TOTALLY Facebook chat...tweet...and call each other on our cell phones. All while in the same house.

And it's REAL aggravatin' when he doesn't answer his phone. Hello, IN THE VOWS.

Kari said...

My oldest son, who is 15, has his bedroom in the basement (way at the other end of the basement). Most mornings I call him on his cell phone to wake him for school. I'm not a morning person at all, and it's much easier to call him than to drag myself out of bed and trek all the way down the steps and across the basement. I guess that's a little lazy of me, but, it works for us.