"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Monday, March 9, 2009

At Least They Weren't Playing With Matches...That I Know Of

In my last post, I shared how I geniusly sold my car which I had parked in our parking lot after our last basketball game there.
And then I realized that my four girls and I were stranded.

I failed to finish the story, mainly because I hadn't yet told my wife how the story ended.

Simply put, Fred, who works at the church, gave me a ride home.

Nothing major there. End of story.
-------------------
Except for the part where there wasn't enough room in Fred's car for all of us so I left the girls alone together at church to play basketball until I returned later.

It's really not that dramatic...
...unless you're a mother
...and you watch Lifetime Television For Women
...and your husband is incompetent.

But let's look at the facts:
It's not like any of these girls are daredevils and could put themselves in dangerous predicaments while unsupervised...no, wait. They ARE.
Well, it's not like one of them was feeling sick and lying on the floor sleeping, just waiting to die...no wait. She WAS.

Seriously, for the record, another staff member was there.
Sure, he was a young, single, childless guy who would have no idea how to deal with the kinds of emergencies my girls can cause, but Shelby surely could've walked him through it.

11 comments:

AmyG said...

You're a brave, brave man, lol. I'm glad you & the girls were safe, though.

Canadian Dad said...

I've been following your blog for a while and never left a message before. Glad the kids are okay. I had a good laugh because I've done similar things.

{Jodie} said...

My stomach is in a knot now.

You do make a it sound funny though. Which somehow makes it sound less dangerous.

I bet the only reason you're still alive after that is your ability to make Cindy laugh about it. Am I right?

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Cindy has not yet laughed about it.

javamamma said...

I thought Daddies did this sorta stuff all the time....and this mamma as well. Is this supposed to be a big deal?

Marie said...

Well the person who went with Fred needed to be a driver. To pick up the car and go back to church for the girls. So that part I get.

Did you um....have your cell phone with you?

Glad it turned out well.

Hugs,
Marie

Big Doofus said...

When my first child was still a baby, I had a visit from an old friend at my house while my wife was working (back when I used to let her out of the house). We were enjoying a great conversation when we suddenly heard tons of siren close by in the neighborhood, so we decided to hoof it over there--kind of like kids do. We were about two blocks away when my single, childless friend said, "shouldn't you stay in the house with your baby?"

Chris said...

So how's your back feeling after sleeping on the sofa?

THEhooahwife said...

At first I was thinking you left them alone... If they were with a person you trusted though, I don't see the harm. But I tend to be a laid back mommy.

Anonymous said...

You crack me up...Fred is the greatest, isn't he? Now that I work @ SOCC I have to say he (and, of course, YOU) is my favorite person!!! Sounds like ya'll had a good Spring Break---I'm glad that you had a chance to get away...

Stephanie O. said...

Okay, that anonymous post was me...Got to finger happy and clicked before I should have...