"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Missed The Subject

My wife sent me the following email. This is it in its entirety:

"just chewed up the weather stripping by the
door. We will need to replace it asap."


When the subject is missing like that, it's usually implied to be "I" as in "just thought I'd drop in" or "have been thinking about you" or "must remember to curb my appetite for weather stripping."

I know that we need to make a run to the grocery store because our pantry is sorely lacking. I just hadn't realized how desperate the situation was.

Of course, Cindy is pretty smart and generally grammatically correct. So upon closer inspection, I noticed that the "subject" line of the email read:

"Your dog"

5 comments:

rthling said...

He's yours when he chews random things, like weather stripping, or poops on the rug.
He's Cindy's when he's looking oh-so-cute, and wants to cuddle.

EEEEMommy said...

This one really did make me Laugh Out Loud (which made Chris come a runnin'). Great punchline!

I always thought it was (You)understood, which would lead me to think she was accusing YOU of eating the weather stripping yourself. Is there something you're not telling us?

Or perhaps your dog is marketing a new fad diet...green tea, acacia berries, and weather stripping? A little caulking on top and a cherry and you'd have quite a nice sundae. Okay, that last paragraph was mostly Chris' doing not mine. I'd never dream up such a sundae myself.

UhOh my husband is getting jealous, he says stop spending time with Cindy's husband and come be with me...I better publish...

MLW said...

...thought this was clever. By the way, like your new album cover.

THEhooahwife said...

Hahaha. Yes, subject lines are helpful!

mint said...

soooooooo cute!!!!!