"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Apologies To Mr. Neighbor Man

First of all, I'm sorry I've been absent from the internet for lo these many days during Spring Break and following. I'm still worn out from all the not working and all the not cleaning and all the not doing anything important.

Second of all, my real reason for writing today is to apologize to the nice man in the truck driving down our street.

Dear Mr. Nice Man In The Truck Driving Down Our Street (Mr. NMITTDDOS),

I was returning down our long driveway after grabbing a handful of mail from the mailbox when you drove by.

As you may or may not know, Mr. NMITTDDOS, this is a friendly street, and its residents frequently wave regardless of whether or not we recognize you. For all I know, you were a serial killer hauling the duct-taped bodies of Mr. and Mrs. McGillicutty in the bed of your truck. But being the neighborly soul I am, you were getting a wave from me regardless of any homicidal tendencies you do or don't have. I'm not one to judge.

Unfortunately, with the dog leash in one hand and a stack of mail in the other, I turned around, lifting the arm with the mail to attempt a wave. As you undoubtedly noticed, because of the mail, I didn't have many fingers able to extend to do a formal wave. In fact, I had only one finger free.
Yup. THAT one.

So in case you were planning to come back for me after you drop the McGillicutties off at their eternal destination, I want you to know that I truly was waving...not making an obscene hand gesture, even though that's what it looked like.

And I'm not just saying that because I'm scared of you, Mr. NMITTDDOS.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hilarious! Thanks for the laugh!

Be sure and set your security alarm tonight.

:)

jerriann said...

Laughing. Right. Out. Loud! Oh, that's funny. I just recently discovered you and "Still HIs Girl" through BooMoma's AI post. I love you guys.

And on a side note, you have inspired my husband and I to go to Florida and watch a shuttle take off. Thanks for the great pictures.

Seriously funny post.
Smiling

TAMI said...

Hope your family enjoyed their vacation!! And, we're glad you're back - finger and all!!

javamamma said...

Good night, man! I 'most spewed my coffee all over the laptop!

I hope Mr. NMITTDDOS reads this and accepts your, obvious, heartfelt apologies.

Oh, and welcome home!

Anonymous said...

I'm the neighbor you gave that wave to intentionally last week and I want you to know I know where you live!!

Tasha said...

hehehe! Funny!

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness, this is just too darn funny!

Mr. E said...

This is funny! It was nice of you to apologize even if he probably didn't even care or notice.