"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Puffy Sleeves You Requested Are In

I appreciate those of you who sympathized with the previous post regarding our family's pictorial directory photo shoot...and the sleeves.

And for those who requested to see our final glorious pictures, we regret to inform you that you'll just have to wait for :

A) The company to develop them and print them and frame them and have them blessed by the pope.
and
B) The closing on our second mortgage taken out to purchase said blessed photos.

Until then, though, I do have some pictures of those infernal puffy sleeves.

Here is what they ACTUALLY looked like:


Here is what they FELT like to the poor child who complained no fewer than ninety-leven times a minute about them:


So you can clearly feel her pain.

3 comments:

AmyG said...

Hahaha!! They way you described them, it sure sounded more like the second picture. In reality, I don't think they were that bad, according to the first picture.

Tammy said...

OH MY! *gasp*

If my mother had put me in those at ANY age in my life, that photo would have been less than glorious! ;-)

Ahem, but I'm sure your angel looked heavenly in them.

mom huebert said...

THOSE were the puffy sleeves? I commend you for your patience, since, I assume, the complain-ee is still in the family portrait, and didn't end up outside where there is wailing and gnashing of teeth. Although, come to think of it, it sounds like you had plenty of that anyway.

By the way, the last photo our family had taken for a church directory was when our 20-year-old was four months old. In the photo the six-year-old has snot hanging in his nose and looks pale and listless from the nasty cold he had. In spite of the fact that all our clothes match bee-yoo-tifully, I don't have that one on display.