"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Saturday, March 28, 2009

Two Weeks...Maybe Ten

Sure I can fit my new truck in the garage, but it only has about 1 millimeter clearance on all sides. Less in the front. I know I've pulled in far enough for the garage door to be able to close when I see the big shoe rack begin to crumple under the pressure from the front bumper. Some people hang tennis balls on strings from the ceiling; I crush furniture.
And don't even try to open the doors. I have to put on my Daisy Dukes, tie my tight shirt in the front, and yell "yehaw!" as I slide in the window.

So you can see why I've decided to clear out my garage in the next few weeks.

I'm going to invest some money into storage/organizational solutions, because the Throw-It-Over-There Method has reached its threshold of effectiveness. When it takes longer to find my Phillips screwdriver than it would take to mine iron ore, build a honkin'-hot fire, forge a new tool and carve a handle, something just ain't right.

If any of you has stumbled upon some great garage solutions, let me know. I've gone the route or just "tidying up," but it's time now to buy/build what I need to do it right this time. COMPLETE overhaul. Shoot me genius ideas, even if they're not your own.

Of course, I just saw "Mall Cop" so I feel like I can take on the world right now, but tomorrow I'll probably wake up without the least bit of interest in cleaning my garage, finding lost tools or ever accessing the food that's been trapped in the unaccessable garage freezer for the last 7 months.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Ok I swear you talked about this a few months back with your garage makeover or at least confessing how bad it was. Yeah I'm really one to talk since though I've done my garage at least three times in the last few months and its still a problem. I think it has to do with our habit of just tossing stuff in there instead of putting things away.

Heidi said...

We have parked our car in the garage just once, when we first moved in and there was a big hail storm. We have a one car garage and that was a a joke. We had to "Dukes of Hazzard" it to get out of the car.

Someday I will have a 2 car gargage, one side for the car and the other side for "stuff".