"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Best Mother's Day EVER

That's right.
Cindy said that this was the best Mother's Day EVER.

Even better than last year when I nearly forgot and she got diddly-squat.
Even better than the year before when I nearly forgot and got a diddly-squat knock-off.
Even better than the year before that when she got two diddly-squats.

(Actually, I have no recollection of past Mother's Day and their respective gifts.)

Mother's Day always falls about two weeks after her birthday, so I usually look at the calendar at some point and say, "Are you KIDDING me? Another holiday to make significant?"

She's not even MY mother, but she is THE best mother in the world, so that's something worth celebrating.

And this is how we did it:

Eggs Benedict for breakfast, or a variation on it. Toasted croissants sliced and topped with bacon, poached egg and hollandaisse sauce. Pyur delishussness.

Cheese fondue for lunch. (Gruyere, Emantaler, and Cheddar, yummmmmmmmm.)
Mushroom salad with homemade strawberry vinaigrette dressing.
Chocolate fondue for dessert.

And for her gift, a KitchenAid mixer to adorn the kitchen counter. I saved $160 with some discounts, so I splurged and got her the one that's big enough to mix a whole elephant. I'd been saving to build a fence for Cheddar (whose birthday is tomorrow), but at the last minute I caved and decided to make up for the last 12 miserable attempts at a Mother's Day present.

I think she was surprised.

5 comments:

AmyG said...

Sounds like she had a great day!

jerriann said...

Umm. that sounds delish, great day Scott!

I'm so funny :) I laugh at myself.

okay, a little silly maybe, but I totally agree this was a great day!

2Thinks said...

A Kitchen-aid mixer for Mother's Day? You do go all out. Lucky gal.

javamamma said...

I got my Kitchen Aide last year. Amazing gift fo sho!

All the Arnold's said...

She's definitely on my top five best moms list. I heart her so much. Now, what's she sharing from the mixer?