"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thank You For All Your Letters and Cards and Floral Arrangements

I know you've all been worried about my health, what with me not posting in almost a gazillion days.

But just so you know, the tests came back...and I'm not pregnant.

No, seriously, nothing's been up at all. I cant even say I've been any more busy than normal. My lack of posting can only be attributed to my laziness. As can the pile of clothes by the bed, the mess in the garage and my poorly-groomed goatee.

Right now I'm finding time and energy to write because i've got time to kill sitting in the airport since ALL SIX OF US MISSED OUR FLIGHT for our mission trip.

They changed the flight schedule without first asking us how that worked for us. Then they went and put long-term parking in the next county, set the security conveyor belt to .00000003 miles per hour and have the security shift change right as we're going through.

Save your pity and accusations, because lo and behold, they've put us on another flight which gets there EARLIER!

Later tonight, i'll pull up some old posts from last year so you can imagine what we're doing right now.

Thank you for your prayers for our safe travel. Add to them prayers for unseasonably cold temperatures that will agree with our fair-skinned family members.

You may hear from me again in a few hours when we layover in Vegas. Listen carefully for the sound of our children pulling on slot machine arms.

5 comments:

2Thinks said...

Glad to read something here, you checked out just about the time I became your follower, so I was a little bit paranoid about that. It's okay now. I hope the mission trip will progress in a positive direction- positively affecting many lives with the love of Jesus!

Press On,
Heidi

boomama said...

Did you get our spray of pink carnations?

Becky K. said...

Have a wonderful trip!

Robin M. said...

I usually don't comment... but it's about time you post something!! No, really, your posts always give me smile (actually a good laugh) and you have been missed.

rthling said...

You know, just the other day, I was asking myself, "Where can that Scott fellow have gone to? He hasn't posted in ever so long, and I rather hope he isn't feeling unwell, or something dastardly, like that."
Glad you're okay.
Have a great mission trip.
Win souls for Jesus.
Don't lose any of your children.
...and all that jazz.