"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Thursday, July 2, 2009

You're Welcome. You're So Very Welcome.

I am resisting with every ounce of my energy the natural tendency to apologize for not posting here in so long.
We've all read those posts where people who've been absent feel that they've done something wrong by not writing in a sweet forever. (I've done it myself, I'm sure.)
Do we owe it to our readers to explain or give excuses for our absence?
Do we feel compelled to make hollow promises that we'll post more regularly from here on out?

If anything, I feel that maybe I owe you all a big, fat "YOU'RE WELCOME!"

For the past couple of weeks--or longer--you have had an extra couple minutes added to your days by not being tempted to pop over here to read what you've been led to believe is the best durn writing in all the world.

Maybe with that extra time you have from not reading my posts, you've taken up new hobbies like learning CPR, so I'm directly responsible for any lives you end up saving.

Or perhaps with the time added to your life you've been able to spend more time in prayer and meditation and you've never felt closer to God than you do right now.

Words can't even begin to describe just how welcome you are for this gift I've given you.

If you really feel you must thank me, you may either:

a) leave a comment telling me exactly how your life has been changed for the better by my lack of posting
b) mail a check to a charity in my name
c) mail a check to ME
d) all of the above isn't a bad idea either

I really do plan on posting in the coming days about our Mexico trip and other such things. My wife has done a good job covering it, but I'll be doing it in a different kind of way. It'll be from the perspective of a bald man whose luggage was lost for a few days, so you know that will touch your heart in new and uncomfortable ways.

4 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I love how you make me laugh. Best durn writing indeed.

Lisa said...

I have learned to play fiddle with my toes! Seriously, discovered your post at the end of American Idol (through Boo Mama), loved it, got my husband hooked...and then you disappeared. Glad to see you are back. Sort of. I guess. Can't wait to hear about the trip from your perspective...

Lisa said...

P.S. Check's in the mail... :)

Tammy said...

I decided to do the same over at my blog....and now YOU are welcome! ;-)