"The Muffled Cries For Help From a Daddy of Four Beautiful Little Girls"


Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Too Bad I Don't Have A Podcast

Hi, my name is Barry White.

At least I'm pretending to be Barry White today. There's some serious drainage going on in my throat right now. In addition to irritating me, it's altered my voice and taken it down a couple octave. It also causes the lights to dim and perhaps a lava lamp or two to come on. If only I had a podcast so you could hear this rich, buttery voice of mine.

But mainly it's just irritating. Don't worry, though; it's nowhere NEAR as serious as the throat blisters of death from my college days. I presume my current condition is a direct result of the Olympics. I've been up way too late catching up on all the most important events in the world of curling, biathaloning and cross-country figure-bobsledding. Then last night, my father-in-law took the whole family to the musical "Beauty and the Beast." (I still think Belle and Gaston would've made a good pair if we didn't have to worry about sending the wrong message to our children.)

Anyway, when I get too little sleep, my body responds by producing phlegm in a volume that seems mathematically impossible.

So Barry White will be leading a class at church tonight, then coming straight home to get some sleep...or watch tv until 2 am. It's a toss-up.

No comments: